Brazillian Blow

    At first when I heard this new concept, I thought - WTF?

    We all know what the Brazillian Wax is and what it looks like - now Brazillian Blow?  I thought "Jaysus, I have to find out what THAT is!"

    Well, Plonkers, its a new Progressive hair straightening system that has finally arrived in South Africa!  It's not dirty at all!  (I must say I was a little disappointed)

    Here's what its all about...

    Its a Hydro Progressive Hair Straightening, or more popularly known as the Permanent Blow Dry.

    Girls with unruly curls, celebrate: a new straightening system from Brazil is arriving in South Africa, ready to tame even the worst-behaved hair. The process, called “hidro escova progressiva” (hydro progressive blow-dry) heat-seals the hair cuticle with keratin and vitamins (however this is not the same as keratin treatment as that is only a surface treatment).

    Progressive hair straightening is a method of breaking the hair structure and rebuilding it in a new way and it really wipes out the frizz. Unlike Japanese thermal straightening, which is basically a perm in reverse, the Progressive straightening system causes minimal damage to the hair. 

    Applications last about 3-4 months, depending on the hair type. However, as the name implies, the treatment is progressive, and each time you have it done, your hair becomes straighter with less frizz.

    What makes it different?

    Unlike other straightening systems (Ukon or Japanese straightening) the treatment will fade away gradually, meaning that it will eventually grow out and leave you with natural waves once more (less frizz though). It also takes less salon time and generally costs less than the Yuko or Opti-Smooth system. The treatment leaves the hair with more body than the Yuko System and can be used on dyed/bleached as well as virgin hair. The system is also more cost effective as no special equipment is required. Also, the Tropical system does not have formaldehyde in as some of the other Brazilian blow dry treatments have. Formaldehyde can cause poisoning for both stylist and client.

    What the celebrities are saying

    The Secret is out.  Nicole Richie recently took to her Twitter account to recommend "Brazilian Blow Dry" after a fan asked what she does to maintain her straight and frizz free hair.

    "A good friend turned me on to a new hair straightening method called the Brazilian blow dry and I’m completely inspired to share it with you! I have curly hair and it can be quite a headache to deal with. If you have curls, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.  Hours spent blow-drying and avoiding the rain and humidity. I always thought I could never be one of those girls who just leaves the house without doing her hair… until now." - Nicole Richie.
    At  R900 a pop!  I won't be rushing out anytime soon (unless I get a a fat surprise bonus - who the fuck am I kidding) to get the Brazzie Blow.

    Recently Megan set the table for dinner complete with cold beer, wine, condements and name cards. Bless her!  Thought I'd share it with you guys...

    My silly family

    Megan's table setting

    Source URL: http://gotobeskinnybitch.blogspot.com/2011/04/brazillian-blow.html
    Visit tattoo for mens for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive

Categories