21 days Nicotine Free! I gave up smoking but I'm not a quitter...

    Society says that it takes 21 days to break a habit or form a new habit.  I dunno, I say that's utter bullshite!  I think it might be a wee bit more.  

    Its been 21 days since I quit sucking on the Cancer Sticks and when I'm stressed it the first thing I want to do... I think you associate smoking with certain things, certain people and certain places and that's when you crave it.

    For me, the craving in strong when I get in the car or when I'm having a glass of wine with my pals or if I have had an emotional day.  Daft Scots Lass needs her nicotine and it hasn't been easy.

    Anyone who has been a smoker, will tell you that it takes tremendous amount of willpower to quit nicotine.  It is never easy when you quit, the withdrawal symptoms can almost force you into going back to smoking. I don't want to become one of those ex-smokers who pull their nose up and viciously fans the air in front of her nose when someone lights up.  I don't want to be one of those ex-smokers who preachers to smokers how bad it is for them and carries around pictures of people in advanced states of mouth cancer.

    We all know its bad for us and its our choice to either continue smoking or to quit.  Who am I to say what is best for the next person.  I smoked for 20 years - who the fuck am I to now state its a filthy habit?

    Anyhoo....the first few weeks are fucking hard! 

    I'm certain that takes a good 10 to 12 weeks to really take your mind off smoking and even then you still think about it often.   Now, that works out to 84 days (not 21 days as everyone says).  They've been bullshitting me all along...humph!

    They say that nicotine creates a chemical dependency, a sense of void that can be filled with smoking nicotine, as smokers would like to perceive. The withdrawal symptoms include headache, nausea, inability to concentrate, craving for smoke and, most of the time, ex-smokers take up another habit to take their mind off the nicotine.  This sometimes lands up being worse than the nicotine habit itself...

    Bring on the Heroine, Hookers!

    I feel like I'm talking in circles.  Perhaps I'm delirious from the lack of nicotine and tar...

    Och I dunno, what do you think?
     
    Source URL: http://gotobeskinnybitch.blogspot.com/2011/01/21-days-nicotine-free-i-gave-up-smoking.html
    Visit tattoo for mens for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive

Categories