Last Year of the 30s....

    Yes, me lovelies....this is my last year in my thirties and it feels daunting. Everyday I notice a wee bit more sagging of my skin all over and I notice the wee crows feet near my eyes. Its really sad when I look in the mirror and I know I will never be able to turn back time. So, I have come to the conclusion that, either I have to accept it or I need to embrace plastic surgery, big time!



    Well, I have no extra dosh for plastic surgery, which I’m not afraid of (for the record) and I wouldn’t mind going that route at some point. So, I suppose I need to start accepting it, which I have... okay not completely, but I’m certainly getting there.


    When you get to my age, you worry less and less what others think of you, physically and as a person.  You're pretty comfortable in your own skin and very opinionated.  The "set in your ways" is starting to kick in and it starts to mean less and less if someone doesn’t like you.  I don’t wonder or try to figure out why someone doesn't like me any more.  I just figure you can't please everyone and you're not everyone's cuppa tea.  You sorta say to yerself  “Fuck ‘em” and move on to the people that really matter. 

    I'd rather focus my energy on the people who do like me whether I'm old or young, fat or thin, the others can move along swiftly and look the other way.  Thank you very fucking much.


    Thing is, I'm still the same person inside. My mind doesn’t age. I still feel like the silly 20-year-old and often act like it. I still wear pigtails in my hair when I feel like it. I still skip down the street when I’m happy, I still do hand-stands against the wall with my kids and watch Sponge Bob Square Pants.  I still play ring-a-rosie the girls and now I just fall down harder, but I am well-padded in that department, so no need to worry folks!


    Lets get to the point, shall we?

    The inevitable, big 4-0 is around the corner for me and I’ve been thinking about chopping all my hair off. A colleague recently did it and it looks fucking fantastic on her!

    There is nothing worse than mutton dressed and lamb and, I know it contradicts what I just said about worrying less about what you look like and what others think of you, but I don’t want to look like a ridiculous old hag with long straggly hair and a face like leather.   Its just nasty and witchified.


    Now, it took me a long time to embrace and welcome my red locks as one of my good features. I always got teased at school for it and got all the usual ginger names like copper-top, Duracell, carrots and it was horrid.  It scarred me for life.  I’ve had my hair long for nearly 20 years now and I’ve come to love the length and I finally love the colour too. I get many compliments about my hair but I wonder if its not time to get real, face the music and get a style that's cropped and trendy.


    I need yer help here, your honestly....  Am I starting to look a wee bit too old for long hair?  Could I pull off a short cropped style without looking like a fucking chubby pixie?

    Source URL: http://gotobeskinnybitch.blogspot.com/2011/01/last-year-of-30s.html
    Visit tattoo for mens for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive

Categories