Gran

    This picture was taken on Gran's last trip to
    South Africa before she passed away. 
    My Gran had some great sayings and she used them often!  Its something that I remember vividly about her - Gran had a saying for everything...

    Here are some I remember her using often and they have been passed down to my mum and now to my sister and I.  They are firmly planted in my memory. 
    • Change is as good as a Holiday
    • Pink to Make the Boys Wink
    • Be sure your sins will find you out.
    • Better late than never
    • You can't make honey outta dog shite
    • Cut your cloth accordingly
    • Many hands make light work
    • Count your blessings
    • Don't cry over spilt milk
    • The best laid plans o' mice 'n men gang af the glee
    • Feed a cold Starve a Fever
    • Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names can never hurt me

    Do you have any sayings that have been passed down in your family?  What are your sayings that you use regularly...
    Source URL: http://gotobeskinnybitch.blogspot.com/2011/02/gran.html
    Visit tattoo for mens for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive

Categories