Primary School Reunion Brunch

    I had a Primary School reunion brunch today in Pretoria and it was awesome to see primary school friends that I haven't seen in 30 years!

    We chatted from 11am until 4pm.  I didn't realised the time at all...the best of all was that my best friend from Standard 4 (Grade 6) was there and she'd brought a file of letters and silly things we shared back then as the Crazy Three Club.

    Tania gave me a letter that she'd written me nearly 30 years ago when I moved from Pretoria to Johannesburg.  Its a letter that I had not seen and a letter that she'd not sent.  I was very emotional reading it, know she'd kept it all these years and to know that I meant that much to her...

    Sooo many warm memories came rushing back when I looked into the eyes of my best friend from 30 years ago.  I remember stealing her mum's ciggies and trying to smoke them as youngsters.  I remember her mum who used to send us to bed with a candle each - teaching us how to use the hot candle wax to make a little pool of wax to stand the candle up.  To hug her again was wonderful!  That kinship was bubbling way down deep.

    It was an awesome catch-up day and unfortunately I left my camera's memory card in my laptop even though I'd charged the camera batteries and made sure they were in the camera.  So, I'm relying on everyone else who had a camera there to send me the photos.

    All in all a brilliant day!!!


    Hanging on for dear life!

    Looking at Tania's old photo albums!!!

     Kaylin next to one of the HUGE bottles of wine at the restaurant

    Tania's 30 year old letter
     
    Some of the Crazy Three Memorabilia
    Source URL: http://gotobeskinnybitch.blogspot.com/2010/03/primary-school-reunion-brunch.html
    Visit tattoo for mens for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Categories